Objectives and Aims
- The association is a not‑for‑profit organisation whose purposes shall be:
- To promote and maintain the highest standards of diagnosis and management of paediatric endocrine and diabetes disorders.
- To promote among health professionals and others, the free exchange of knowledge with respect to paediatric endocrinology and diabetes and to encourage good fellowship among its members.
- To promote research related to paediatric endocrinology and diabetes by individuals, hospitals, clinics, universities and other institutions and organisations.
- To develop, in association with interested parties, educational methods designed to give those who have a child with paediatric diabetes or an endocrine disorder a better understanding of their child’s condition.
- To disseminate accurate information about paediatric diabetes and endocrine disorders.
- To communicate and work with outside organisations, other health professionals and others working in the field of paediatric endocrinology and diabetes, as the official body representing health professionals in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes.
- To provide advocacy for children with diabetes or endocrine disorders.
- To raise and distribute funds and to purchase or dispose of property in accordance with the above objectives of the Association.