- Mary Abraham (WA)
- Justin Brown (VIC)
- Natasha Heather (NZ) (CO-CHAIR)
- Tony Huynh (QLD) (CO-CHAIR)
- Ann Maguire (NSW)
- Michele O’Connell (VIC)
- Jonathan Grasko (WA)
- Ronda Greaves (VIC)
- Wayne Rankin (SA)
- Tiffany Wotton (NSW)
About the Committee
The working group began in 2017 with the aim to provide expert advice to, and representation for, the members of ANZSPED on issues related to Laboratory Medicine as it relates to the field of Paediatric Endocrinology. The Working group evolved into an ANZSPED Subcommittee at the start of 2020 and formalised its membership.
Terms of Reference
The principal goals of the Subcommittee are to (1) more closely align, and where possible, harmonise the laboratory investigation of paediatric endocrine conditions, and (2)
advocate for and enhance the representation of paediatric endocrinology within the field of Laboratory Medicine.
The specific roles of members are to:
- within ANZSPED, develop national guidelines and protocols related to the laboratory investigation of children with endocrine conditions with a particular focus on the appropriate clinical utilisation and analytical aspects of assays, tests, and protocols
- represent ANZSPED in collaborations with other professional organisations in projects aimed at developing and implementing guidelines and protocols to standardise or harmonise laboratory methods as they relate to paediatric endocrinology
- through individual subcommittee members working with their local laboratories, to ensure the total testing process including pre-analytical considerations, appropriate test utilisation, laboratory assay fitness-for-purpose, the development of appropriate reference intervals, and the correct interpretation, reporting, and notification of results – meet necessary standards to enable the accurate diagnosis of children with endocrine conditions.
- provide advice to ANZSPED members related to the analytical aspects of specific methods in the laboratory investigation of children with endocrine conditions
- promote and facilitate the practical exposure and experience of trainees in paediatric endocrinology to the clinical laboratory
How to join the committee
ANZSPED will send a call for EOI to all ANZSPED members every 2nd year (in even numbered years). This email goes out to all members shortly after the AGM is held.
Please refer to the subcommittee guidelines (under ‘Subcommittee’ tab heading once logged in as a member) for terms of service and other expectations for being part of an ANZSPED working group.